We have Embedded Linux Drivers Developer position at Rockville, MD
Direct Client : Leading Telecom Company
Job Title : Embedded Linux Drivers Developer – (ID: 83964)
Duration : 4-6+ Months (Strong possibility of extension)
Location : Rockville, MD 20855
• Job description for Linux developer contractor with emphasis in driver development
• The Linux contractor must have at least 7 years (preferably 10+ years) of continuous embedded Linux development experience.
• The contractor must have experience with kernel internals.
You will have the following roles in the RFID division:
• Develop Linux driver for TI Wavelink 7.0 - WL1238 system on a chip (SoC). TI’s WL1238 WiFi client chip also supports Bluetooth and GPS. The SoC is relatively new, and it is not readily available yet. The driver we have in house is for Android platforms. This driver needs to be ported to Linux. In addition, the driver needs to be enhanced to enable the Bluetooth and GPS features of the SoC. The current driver supports only 802.11.
• Leverage years of experience to bring up new HW Linux platforms and to tune up the Linux embedded OS for performance.
• Enable crypto engine in the TI AM3505
• Guide and provide day to day advice and hands on support to the RFID division team on any Linux related tasks. Traditionally the RFID division has worked with windows CE and windows mobile, the contractor will serve as a mentor in all aspects related to Linux.
• Enable USB host (driver is available).
• Enable DMA in serial interface driver to optimize data path.
• Optimize kernel configuration for performance and file system size
• Optimize tool chain configuration for TI AM3505 (ARM based processor)
• Tune up the system using deep understanding of Linux shared memory, file system, device drivers, and understanding of embedded systems constraints and trade-offs.
• Setup up debugging tools for kernel crash analysis, memory leak, and memory corruption
A CMMI Level 5 Organization
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.